Super Bowl Taco Dip
Extra lean ground beef is the centerpiece of this tasty and healthy tortilla chip dip. Cut the fat, not the flavor!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 2 (16-ounce) cans nonfat refried beans
- 4-ounce can of chopped green chilies
- 1/4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound extra-lean ground beef
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons onion powder
- 1 cup shredded nonfat cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup shredded reduced-fat cheddar cheese
- 1 1/4 cups chunky salsa
- 12 ounces baked tortilla chips
- Preheat oven to 350F.
- Spray 9 X 13-inch baking dish with cooking spray.
- Combine beans, chilies and chili powder in medium bowl; mix until ingredients are blended.
- Spread bean mixture in bottom of baking dish.
- Spray nonstick skillet with cooking spray and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add ground beef, breaking into small pieces; season with garlic powder and onion powder. Cook over medium heat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned and cooked through.
- Remove from heat; cool 5 minutes and spread meat mixture on top of beans.
- Combine cheeses in plastic bag; shake until mixed.
- Spread salsa on top of beef; sprinkle cheese mixture over top. Taco dip can be covered with plastic or foil and refrigerated up to 24 hours.
- Bake 25 to 30 minutes, until mixture is bubbly hot and cheese is lightly browned. Serve with baked tortilla chips.
Excerpted from Cook Once, Eat for a Week by Jyl Steinback. Copyright © 2003 by Family Fit Lifestyle, an Arizona Corporation.To order this book go to Amazon.