Tofu Nut Balls
These nutty, deep-fried treats make a great vegetarian appetizer or entree, when served in tomato sauce.
Serves: Depends on size of tofu balls
- 1/2 cup cooked brown rice
- 1 tablespoon Tamari or soy sauce
- 1/2 cup ground cashews
- 1/2 pound mashed tofu
- 1/2 cup cereal crumbs
- 1 to 2 tablespoons peanut butter
- 1 egg
- In food processor, blend half the tofu, tamari or soy sauce, and 3/4-cooked rice to thick paste.
- Mash remaining tofu with fork.
- Add mixture from blender with other ingredients. Form ball with hands.
- Refrigerate balls until ready to use or deep fry right away.
- Can be served: as appetizer with toothpicks or in tomato sauce with pasta.