Tossed Pasta Antipasto Salad
Antipasto is a classic Italian hors d'oeuvre. This healthy version combines low-fat ingredients.
Serves: Serves: 8 (1 1/4 cups)
- 1 cup Kraft Fat Free Italian Dressing
- 1 cup sliced fresh mushrooms
- 1/2 cup (2 ounces) sliced ripe olives
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 4 cups cold cooked ziti or rotini pasta, rinsed and drained
- 2 cups chopped unpeeled fresh tomatoes
- 2 hard-boiled eggs, chopped
- 1 (3.5-ounce) package Hormel reduced-fat pepperoni slices
- 3/4 cup (3 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat mozzarella cheese
- 1 cup (one 8-ounce can) artichoke hearts, cut into halves (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine 1/4 cup Italian dressing, mushrooms, olives, and red pepper.
- Stir in pasta. Add tomatoes, chopped eggs, pepperoni slices, mozzarella cheese, and artichoke hearts. Mix well to combine.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 30 minutes.
- Gently stir in remaining 1/4 cup Italian dressing.
- 1. 3 cups uncooked pasta usually cooks to about 4 cups. 2. If you want the look and feel of egg without the cholesterol, toss out the yolk and dice the whites.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.