Tropical Fruit Salad
This is a fruit salad has a bit of savory and spicy attitude.
Serves: Serves 4 as a side dish
- 1 mango, pitted, peeled, and diced medium
- 1 papaya, seeded, peeled, and diced medium
- 1/2 cup medium diced pineapple
- 1/2 cup medium diced jicama
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped fresh cilantro
For the dressing:
- 1/4 cup roughly chopped roasted unsalted peanuts
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespooon minced red or green fresh chile pepper of your choice
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon soft dark brown sugar
- Combine all the fruits and the cilantro in a large bowl.
- Combine all the dressing ingredients in a small bowl and whisk until well blended.
- Add just enough of the dressing to the fruit mixture to moisten, toss gently, and serve.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!