Big Island Piņa Colada
This non-alcoholic version of the piņa colada blends in so much delicious taste, you'll never miss the "kick."
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 cup cold water
- 2 cups (two 8-ounce cans) crushed pineapple, packed in fruit juice, undrained
- 2 teaspoons coconut extract
- 1 teaspoon rum extract
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2 cups ice cubes
- In a blender container, combine cold water, undrained pineapple, coconut extract, and rum extract.
- Cover and process on BLEND for 10 seconds.
- Add dry milk powder and 1 cup ice cubes. Re-cover and process on BLEND for 20 seconds.
- Add remaining 1 cup ice cubes, re-cover, and process on BLEND for 15 seconds or until mixture is smooth. Serve at once.
From COOKING HEALTHY ACROSS AMERICA by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 2000 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here or on the book cover.