Almond Coffee Smoothie
Indulge yourself with this luscious and creamy snack.
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 1 1/2 cups chilled strong brewed coffee
- 1/2 cup almonds
- 1 cup crushed amaretto cookies
- 1/4 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 2/3 cup coffee frozen yogurt or ice cream
- Combine coffee, almonds, amaretto cookies, and almond extract in a blender. Blend on high speed until nuts are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute hazelnuts, shortbread cookies, and pure vanilla extract for almonds, amaretto cookies, and almond extract.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.