Almond Peach Smoothie
The mild taste of almonds makes this smoothie a scrumptious snack.
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container peach nonfat yogurt
- 3/4 cup chilled peach nectar
- 1/2 teaspoon pure almond extract
- 1/4 cup blanched almonds
- 1 1/2 cups frozen peach slices (2 large peaches, peeled, sliced, and frozen, or presliced peaches from frozen food aisle)
- Combine yogurt, peach nectar, almond extract, and almonds in a blender. Blend on high speed until nuts are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add peaches and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use apricot nectar and 3 apricots in place of peach nectar and peaches.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.