Apple Pie Smoothie
This inventive recipe bring the taste of apple pie to a smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup chilled apple juice
- 1/2 cup chilled applesauce
- 1 sweet eating apple, such as McIntosh, Jonathan, or York Imperial, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 teaspoon apple pie spice or 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon and 1/4 teaspoon grated nutmeg
- 1 cup vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- 1/4 cup granola (optional)
- Combine apple juice, applesauce, apple, and apple pie spice in a blender. Blend on high speed until apple is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth.
- Add granola (if using), and pulse blender on and off at low speed to incorporate granola, but do not purée granola. Serve immediately.
- Add 1/4 cup walnuts to the blender instead of the granola and garnish the smoothie with raisins or more chopped nuts.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãï¿½ÃÂ© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.