This could become a favorite smoothie for the apple lovers in your family.
Serves: 2 (8 ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1 (4-ounce) container vanilla pudding or 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt or vanilla frozen yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain soy protein powder
- 1/4 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 sweet eating apple, such as McIntosh, Jonathan, or York Imperial, peeled, cored, diced, and frozen
- Combine applesauce, pudding, protein powder, and vanilla extract in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add apple and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute butterscotch or chocolate pudding for vanilla pudding.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.