Asian Tomato Carrot Smoothie
This unusual combination makes a healthy and delicious snack!
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled carrot juice
- 2 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon peeled, coarsely chopped fresh ginger
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 large frozen cored, seeded, and diced ripe tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine carrot juice, vinegar, soy sauce, ginger, scallions, cilantro, and garlic in a blender. Blend on high speed until vegetables are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add tomatoes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Season mixture with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
- Substitute chilled tomato juice in place of carrot juice.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.