Banana and Pumpkin Smoothie
Try this inventive and delicious snack.
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk or plain soy milk
- 1 cup solid-packed canned pumpkin
- 1/4 cup firmly packed dark brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 large bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine milk, pumpkin, brown sugar, cinnamon, and bananas in a blender. Blend on high speed until bananas are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use apple pie spice in place of cinnamon. Substitute ice cream or frozen tofu for frozen yogurt.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.