Banana Apricot Coconut Smoothie
Coconut milk makes this nondairy treat creamy and delicious.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled apricot nectar
- 3/4 cup canned light coconut milk
- 3 fresh apricots, diced
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine apricot nectar, coconut milk, apricots, and coconut in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed again until banana is puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use peach nectar and 2 fresh peaches in place of apricot nectar and apricots.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.