Banana Apricot Smoothie
Your family will never guess that this luscious smoothie is nonfat.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup chilled apricot nectar
- 1 (8-ounce) container banana nonfat yogurt
- 1 large navel orange, peeled, pith removed, seeded, and diced
- 2 apricots, pitted and diced
- 8 dried apricot halves, unsulfured if possible
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine apricot nectar, yogurt, orange, apricots, and dried apricots in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use peach nectar, 1 large peach, and 4 dried peach halves instead of their apricot equivalents.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.