Banana Cherry Smoothie
A pinch of cinnamon makes this smoothie a special and tasty treat.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container cherry-vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup skim milk
- Pinch of ground cinnamon
- 1 cup cherries, pitted and halved
- 2 frozen, sliced bananas
- Combine yogurt, milk, cinnamon, and cherries in a blender. Blend on high speed until cherries are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add bananas and blend on high speed again until bananas are puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute strawberry yogurt and strawberries for cherries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.