Banana Colada Smoothie
You don't need dairy to make a luscious and creamy smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup canned light coconut milk
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 1 1/2 cups diced pineapple
- 1/3 cup lightly packed shredded coconut
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine coconut milk, soy milk, pineapple, and coconut in a blender. Blend on high speed until pineapple is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed again until banana is puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Instead of banana, you can use 1 cup frozen mango or papaya cubes
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãï¿½ÃÂ© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.