Banana Nut Smoothie
Enjoy the irresistible combination of banana and nuts in this smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted in a 350°F oven for 5 minutes
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Pinch of ground nutmeg
- 2 frozen, sliced large bananas
- Combine soy milk, tofu, walnuts, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a blender. Blend on high speed until nuts are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add bananas and blend on high speed again until bananas are puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute pecans or almonds for walnuts.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.