Banana Orange Smoothie
A fruity snack that's delicious as well as good for you!
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 large banana, peeled and sliced
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain or banana low-fat yogurt
- 4 orange juice ice cubes or 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1/2 cup orange sorbet or sherbet
- Combine banana and yogurt in a blender. Blend on high speed until banana is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add orange juice cubes and sorbet. Blend on high speed again until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- In place of sorbet, you can use an additional 1/2 cup orange juice.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.