Caramel Apple Smoothie
The tasty combination of caramel and apples makes this smoothie a family favorite.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 1/3 cup caramel sauce
- 2 sweet eating apples, such as McIntosh, Jonathan, or York Imperial, peeled, cored, and diced
- 3/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Combine milk, caramel sauce, and apples in a blender. Blend on high speed until apples are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use soy milk in place of cow's milk in this or any smoothie recipe. Use butterscotch sauce as an alternative to caramel sauce.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.