Carrot Strawberry Smoothie
This unusual combination creates a delicious and healthy snack.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled carrot juice
- 1 (8-ounce) container strawberry low-fat yogurt
- 2 carrots, trimmed, scrubbed, and sliced
- 1 1/2 cups frozen strawberries
- Combine carrot juice, yogurt, and carrots in a blender. Blend on high speed until carrots are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberries and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute raspberry yogurt and frozen raspberries for strawberry yogurt and strawberries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.