Cherry Banana Smoothie
This delicious combination of chocolate and cherries will have your kids asking for seconds!
Serves: 2 (8 ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 (4-ounce) container cherry low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoon cherry preserves
- 3/4 cup cherries, pitted
- 2 tablespoon bee pollen
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine milk, yogurt, preserves, cherries, and bee pollen in a blender. Blend on high speed until cherries are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute strawberry yogurt, strawberry preserves, and strawberries (or raspberry yogurt, raspberry preserves, and raspberries) for cherry yogurt, cherry preserves, and cherries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.