Cherry Vanilla Smoothie
Here's a fruity and fun snack both you and your kids can enjoy!
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 3/4 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 1/2 cups frozen sweet pitted cherries
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt or vanilla ice cream
- Combine yogurt, milk, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add cherries and frozen yogurt, and blend on high speed again until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- You can use strawberries, peaches, or blueberries in place of cherries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.