Chocolate Cherry Banana Smoothie
Try this healthy dessert alternative with your kids.
Serves: 2 (8 ounce) servings
- 2/3 cup 2 percent chocolate milk
- 1 (4-ounce) container cherry low-fat yogurt
- 3 tablespoons chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons bee pollen
- 1/2 cup cherries, pitted
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine chocolate milk, yogurt, chocolate syrup, bee pollen, and cherries in a blender. Blend on high speed until cherries are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute strawberry yogurt and strawberries or rasp- berry yogurt and raspberries for cherry yogurt and cherries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.