Citrus Tea Smoothie
This smoothie makes a great snack for tea lovers.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled strong brewed tea
- 1 large grapefruit, peeled, pith removed, and diced
- 2 navel oranges, pith removed, peeled and diced
- 1/2 cup orange sherbet
- 1/2 cup lemon sorbet
- Combine tea, grapefruit, and oranges in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add sherbet and sorbet, and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute 2 additional oranges for grapefruit.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.