Cranberry Orange Smoothie
This smoothie is a tart and luscious treat.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup cranberry juice
- 1/4 cup cranberry sauce
- 2 navel oranges, peeled, pith removed, and diced
- 1/2 cup orange sorbet
- 4 orange juice ice cubes or 1/2 cup orange juice
- Combine cranberry juice, cranberry sauce, and oranges in a blender. Blend on high speed until oranges are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add sorbet and orange juice, and blend on high speed again until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute peaches, peach sorbet, and ice cubes made from peach nectar for orange flavors.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.