Creamy Prune Smoothie
Try this healthy and delicious snack.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 3/4 cup pitted prunes
- 1 fresh plum, rinsed, stone removed, and sliced
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine yogurt, milk, prunes, and plum in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute orange juice cubes or 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt for plain ice.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.