Date and Banana Smoothie
The flavors are mild in this sweet snack.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container banana low-fat yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3/4 cup pitted, chopped dates
- 2 bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine yogurt, orange juice, dates, and bananas in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use chopped, dried figs in place of chopped dates.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.