Double Apricot Smoothie
This is a refreshing treat for the apricot lovers in your house.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 1/2 cups sliced apricots
- 10 dried apricot halves, unsulfured if possible
- 3/4 cup vanilla frozen yogurt
- Combine apricot nectar, milk, apricot slices, and dried apricots in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- This can become a Double Peach Smoothie if you substitute peach nectar, peach slices, and 4 dried peaches.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.