East Coast Grill Sangria
Red wine, fruit, triple sec, and brandy add a little bit of a kick to this classic drink.
Serves: Makes about 8 glasses
- Plenty of ice cubes
- 1 bottle (750ml) dry red wine such as Beaujolais, Chianti, or Pinot Noir
- Juice of 2 oranges (about 1 cup)
- 4oz (120ml) triple sec
- 4oz (120ml) brandy
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1 orange (unpeeled), sliced into thin rounds, rounds cut in half
- 8oz (240ml) club soda
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice, then pour in the wine, orange juice, triple sec, brandy, and sugar. Add the orange slices and stir until the sugar dissolves and the mixture is very cold.
- Pour the sangria into glasses, top each drink with a splash of soda, and serve.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!