Fruit Cup Smoothie
Get your kids to eat their fruit by throwing it into a smoothie!
Serves: 2 (8-ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup chilled apple juice
- 1 (4-ounce) container peach low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain soy protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Combine apple juice, yogurt, and protein powder in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberries and blueberries, and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Any fruit-flavored yogurt works well in this recipe, and you can substitute raspberries or any mixture of frozen berries for strawberries and blueberries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.