Fruit Cup Smoothie
Get your kids to eat their fruit by throwing it into a smoothie!
Serves: 2 (8-ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup chilled apple juice
- 1 (4-ounce) container peach low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons plain soy protein powder
- 1/2 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen blueberries
- Combine apple juice, yogurt, and protein powder in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberries and blueberries, and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Any fruit-flavored yogurt works well in this recipe, and you can substitute raspberries or any mixture of frozen berries for strawberries and blueberries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.