Bring the irresistable flavors of gazpacho to a smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup chilled tomato juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1/2 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, seeds and ribs removed and diced
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion, such as Bermuda or Vidalia
- 3 tablespoons fresh cilantro leaves
- 1 garlic clove, peeled
- 2 large frozen cored, seeded, and diced ripe tomatoes
- Salt to taste
- Hot red pepper sauce to taste
- Combine tomato juice, vinegar, cucumber, red bell pepper, onion, cilantro, and garlic in a blender. Blend on high speed until vegetables are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add tomatoes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Season mixture with salt and hot red pepper sauce to taste, and serve immediately.
- Substitute mixed vegetable juice for tomato juice, and use any color bell pepper in place of red.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.