Herbed Potato Smoothie
This smoothie is healthier than mashed potatoes, but just as delicious!
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup light cream
- 1 (15-ounce) can of sliced potatoes, drained and chilled
- 1/2 cup lightly packed watercress leaves, rinsed well and drained
- 3 scallions, trimmed and sliced
- 2 teaspoons fresh thyme leaves, or 1/2 teaspoon dried
- 4 ice cubes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine cream, potatoes, watercress, scallions, and thyme in a blender. Blend on high speed until vegetables are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Season mixture with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
- Substitute plain yogurt for light cream.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.