Hot Lips Margarita
Add a few slices of jalape駉 to your margarita mix before you shake it up to impart just the right trace of heat.
Serves: Makes 1 drink
- 1/4 cup coarse salt (optional)
- 2oz (60ml) good-quality tequila
- Juice of 2 limes (about 1/4 cup), squeezed rinds reserved
- 1oz (30ml) triple sec
- 5 thin slices of red or green jalape駉 pepper, or other fresh chile of your choice
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1 lime slice to garnish
- If you want your margarita glass salted, do it now: Spread the salt in a saucer or shallow dish. Rub the rim of the glass with the reserved lime rinds (from making the juice), then dip the rim into the salt.
- Fill the glass about halfway with ice.
- Combine the tequila, lime juice, triple sec, jalape駉 slices, sugar, and ice cubes in a cocktail shaker, and shake until the mixture is thoroughly combined and well chiled (20-30 seconds). Strain into the ice-filled glass and garnish with a slice of lime. Serve immediately.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!