Mango juice and fresh mango give a kick of tropical flavor to traditional limeade.
Serves: Makes about 2 quarts (2 liters)
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- Juice of 16 limes (about 2 cups)
- 1 cup mango juice
- 1 quart (1 liter) cold water
- 1 cup diced mango
- Cilantro sprigs to garnish (optional)
- In a small saucepan, combine the sugar and water. Bring to a boil, stirring frequently, then lower the heat and simmer until the sugar is fully dissolved (about 1 minute). Remove from the heat and let cool to room temperature.
- Fill a large pitcher halfway with ice. Add the lime juice, mango juice, cold water, and cooled syrup and mix well.
- To serve, fill tall glasses halfway with ice, and top each with some of the diced mango. Pour the limeade over, and garnish with cilantro sprigs if desired.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!