Maple Date Nut Smoothie
This sweet treat is perfect for any time of year.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
- 1 large sweet eating apple, such as McIntosh, Jonathan, or York Imperial, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup chopped walnuts
- 3/4 cup chopped dates
- 1/2 cup vanilla frozen tofu
- Combine soy milk, maple syrup, apple, walnuts, and dates in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is puréed and smooth.
- Add frozen tofu and blend on high speed again until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute pecans or almonds for walnuts.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.