Minted Grape and Cucumber Smoothie
Cool off with this refreshing drink.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled white grape juice
- 1 large cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup lightly packed fresh mint leaves
- 1 1/2 cups frozen seedless green grapes
- Salt to taste
- Combine grape juice, cucumber, celery, and mint leaves in a blender. Blend on high speed until vegetables are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add grapes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Season with salt and serve immediately.
- Substitute purple grape juice and seedless red grapes for white grape juice and green grapes.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.