Mixed Berry Smoothie
Combine your favorite berries for a tasty and flavorful smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container strawberry nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup chilled apple juice
- 1 cup blueberries
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- 1/2 cup frozen raspberries
- Combine yogurt, apple juice, and blueberries in a blender. Blend on high speed until blueberries are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberries and raspberries, and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use any combination of fresh and frozen berries in this recipe. -Just be sure the non-frozen fruit is puréed first.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.