Papaya Banana Smoothie
Satisfy your sweet tooth with this healthy and delicious smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 1 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 1/2 cups diced papaya
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine yogurt, orange juice, lime juice, and papaya in a blender. Blend on high speed until papaya is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute mango for papaya and a tropical fruit nectar for orange juice.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.