Peach and Papaya Smoothie
Sweet papaya makes a refreshing treat.
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup chilled peach nectar
- 1 cup diced papaya
- 2 large peaches, peeled, pitted, and sliced
- 1 cup vanilla frozen tofu or 3/4 cup silken tofu and 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- Combine peach nectar, papaya, and peaches in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen tofu and blend on high speed again until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute mango for papaya in this recipe.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.