Peanut Butter Strawberry Smoothie
Bring the flavors of your favorite snack to a smoothie. Here's a different take on the old PB&J.
Serves: 2 (8 ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup 2 percent milk
- 1 (4-ounce) container strawberry low-fat yogurt
- 1/4 cup smooth peanut butter
- 3 tablespoons strawberry preserves
- 2 tablespoons bee pollen
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine milk, yogurt, peanut butter, preserves, and bee pollen in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is smooth.
- Add banana and again blend on high speed until smooth. Serve immediately.
- Substitute raspberry or cherry yogurt and the same flavor of preserves for strawberry.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.