Pear and Apricot Smoothie
This unusual and delicious combination makes a great smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 3/4 cup chilled apricot nectar
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 3 small ripe pears, peeled, cored, and diced, or 1 (15-ounce) can pears, drained and diced
- 10 dried apricot halves, unsulfured if possible
- 4 ice cubes
- Combine apricot nectar, tofu, pears, and dried apricots in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add ice cubes and blend again on high speed until mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- For a totally apricot experience, substitute 3 apricots for pears.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.