Plum, Peach, and Banana Smoothie
Soy milk and silken tofu make this smoothie both creamy and delicious
Serves: 2 (15 ounce) servings
- 1/2 cup plain soy milk
- 1/2 cup chilled peach nectar
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 2 plums, pitted and diced
- 1 large peach, peeled, pitted, and sliced, or 3/4 cup frozen peach slices
- 1 frozen, sliced large banana
- Combine soy milk, peach nectar, tofu, vanilla, and plums in a blender. Blend on high speed until plums are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add peach and banana, and blend on high speed again until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth. Serve immediately.
- Use apricot nectar and 3 apricots instead of peach nectar and peaches.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.