Spiced Apple Smoothie
The flavors of fall come alive in this luscious and frosty snack.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container vanilla nonfat yogurt
- 1/2 cup unsweetened applesauce
- 1/3 cup mango chutney
- 2 large sweet eating apples, such as McIntosh, Jonathan, or York Imperial, peeled, cored, and diced
- 1/2 cup vanilla nonfat frozen yogurt
- Combine yogurt, applesauce, chutney, and apples in a blender. Blend on high speed until apples are puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add frozen yogurt and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- For a more complex flavor, use strawberry or raspberry yogurt in place of vanilla in this recipe.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.