Spicy Cantaloupe and Cucumber Smoothie
A spicy smoothie makes a great afternoon snack.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 (8-ounce) container plain low-fat yogurt
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 2 cups diced cantaloupe
- 1 small cucumber, peeled, seeded, and diced
- 1/2 cup sliced celery
- 1/4 cup diced sweet onion, such as Bermuda or Vidalia
- Salt to taste
- Hot red pepper sauce to taste
- Combine yogurt, vinegar, cantaloupe, cucumber, celery, and onion in a blender. Blend on high speed until mixture is puréed and smooth.
- Season mixture with salt and hot red pepper sauce to taste and serve immediately.
- Substitute honeydew melon for cantaloupe.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.