Tomato and Basil Smoothie
The flavors of your favorite Italian dishes come alive in a luscious smoothie.
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 cup chilled tomato juice
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- 3 large frozen cored, seeded, and diced ripe tomatoes
- Salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Combine tomato juice, lemon juice, and basil in a blender. Blend on high speed until basil is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add tomatoes and blend on high speed again until smooth. Season mixture with salt and black pepper and serve immediately.
- Substitute 1/2 cup fresh oregano leaves for basil leaves.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã¯Â¿Â½Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.