Watermelon makes any summer drink more refreshing, and the mojito is no exception.
Serves: Makes 1 drink
- 20 fresh mint leaves, a few reserved for garnishing
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh watermelon (without seeds), plus a small wedge to garnish
- Juice of 1 lime (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 2oz (60ml) light rum
- 3oz (90ml) soda water
- Put the mint leaves, watermelon, lime juice, and sugar in a tall glass and mash them together until the mint leaves are well bruised and the watermelon is crushed (1-2 minutes). Fill the glass with ice cubes, pour in the rum, and mix well. Top with the soda water, and garnish with a watermelon wedge and reserved mint leaves.
Excerpted from Grill It!.
Copyright © 2008 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!