Watermelon Strawberry Smoothie
This low-carb snack is delicious and guilt-free, so indulge yourself!
Serves: 2 (15-ounce) servings
- 1 1/2 cups diced seedless watermelon
- 1/2 cup silken tofu
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup frozen strawberries
- Combine watermelon, tofu, and lemon juice in a blender. Blend on high speed until fruit is puréed and mixture is smooth.
- Add strawberries and blend on high speed again until smooth. Serve immediately.
- You can use reduced- carbohydrate strawberry yogurt in place of tofu and substitute raspberries for strawberries.
Excerpted from The Complete Idiot's Guide to Smoothies Ãƒï¿½Ã‚Â© 2005 by Ellen Brown. All rights reserved including the right of reproduction in whole or in part in any form. Used by arrangement with Alpha Books, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc.
To order this book visit the Idiot's Guide web site or call 1-800-253-6476.