All American Pancakes
This apple pancake recipe delivers good-for-you goodness!
Serves: Serves: 4
- 1 cup Cary's Sugar Free Maple Syrup
- 1 cup (2 small) cored, unpeeled, and chopped cooking apples
- 1 1/2 cups Aunt Jemima Reduced Calorie Pancake Mix
- 1 1/2 cups water
- 1/3 cup (1 1/2 ounces) shredded Kraft reduced-fat Cheddar cheese
- 2 tablespoons Hormel Bacon Bits
- In a medium saucepan, combine maple syrup and apples.
- Simmer over medium-low heat while preparing pancakes, stirring occasionally.
- In a medium bowl, combine pancake mix and water. Stir in Cheddar cheese and bacon bits.
- Using a 1/4-cup measuring cup as a guide, pour batter onto a hot griddle or skillet sprayed with butter-flavored cooking spray to form 8 pancakes.
- Lightly brown on both sides. For each serving, place 2 pancakes on a plate and spoon about 1/3 cup syrup mixture over top.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.