Banana and Walnut Bread
This fast and healthy banana bread recipe relies on cottage cheese for its moist deliciousness.
Serves: serves 6
- 8 oz (250 g) cottage cheese, pressed through a sieve
- 2/3 cup soft brown sugar
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 2 oz (60 g) chopped walnuts
- 2 bananas, mashed
- 2 cups whole-wheat flour
- 3 tsp baking powder
- 1 tsp salt
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Line a 2.lb (1.kg) loaf pan with greased parchment paper.
- Cream the cottage cheese and sugar together until well blended.
- Gradually beat in the eggs.
- Add the chopped nuts and bananas and mix well.
- Add the flour, baking powder, and salt to the cottage cheese mixture and mix well.
- Spoon the batter into the prepared pan, pressing it into the corners.
- Bake in the oven for 40-45 minutes, or until a skewer inserted into the center of the bread comes out clean.
- Cool on a wire rack and serve in lightly buttered slices.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!