Blueberry muffins are a quick and comforting breakfast, brunch, or snack food for your family.
Serves: serves 6
- 1 cup self-rising flour
- 1/2 cup whole-wheat flour
- 1 tsp baking powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp nutmeg
- 1/2 cup milk
- 4 tbsp butter, melted
- 1 large egg
- 2 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 cup soft brown sugar
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- Preheat the oven to 350°F (180°C).
- Put 12 paper muffin cases into a muffin tin.
- Sift the flours, baking powder, and spices into a mixing bowl, putting the bran in the sieve back into the bowl.
- Beat together the milk, butter, egg, lemon juice, and sugar in a bowl.
- Make a well in the center of the flour mixture and pour in half the milk mixture. Gently fold it in, then add the rest and stir it in.
- Fold in the blueberries.
- Spoon the mixture into the muffin cases and bake in the oven for about 20 minutes, until well risen and golden on top.
- Take the muffins out of the pan and leave on a wire rack to cool.
Excerpted from SuperFoods, SuperFast.
Copyright © 2006 Dorling Kindersley Limited.
Buy this book now!