Breakfast Drop Scones
Scones are a delightful morning treat for the whole family. Serve them fresh from the oven, and don't forget to add some fruit!
Serves: Serves: 8
- 1 1/2 cups Bisquick Reduced Fat Baking Mix
- 2 tablespoons Sugar Twin or Sprinkle Sweet
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1/2 cup (3 ounces) chopped dried apricots
- 2/3 cup Carnation Nonfat Dry Milk Powder
- 2/3 cup water
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees. Spray a baking sheet with butter-flavored cooking spray.
- In a large bowl, combine baking mix, Sugar Twin, raisins, and apricots.
- In a small bowl, combine dry milk powder and water.
- Add milk mixture to baking mix mixture. Mix just until dry ingredients are moistened.
- Drop by heaping tablespoon onto prepared baking sheet to form 8 scones.
- Bake for 10 to 12 minutes. Place baking sheet on a wire rack. Lightly spray tops with butter-flavored cooking spray. Serve warm or cold.
- Save a few minutes by mixing the dry ingredients the night before if you like.
From COOKING HEALTHY WITH THE KIDS IN MIND by JoAnna Lund. Used by arrangement with Perigee, a member of Penguin Group (USA) Inc. Copyright © 1998 by Healthy Exchanges, Inc.
If you'd like to buy this book, click here.